Last updated: January 19, 2023
- What is Personal Information?
- How do we collect your Personal Information?
- Where do we store your Personal Information?
- How do we use your Personal Information?
- To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
- When and how do we obtain your consent?
- How do we ensure the privacy of your Personal Information when dealing with our affiliates and other third parties?
- How long will we utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information?
- How can you review your Personal Information that we have collected, utilized or disclosed?
- How do you know that the Personal Information we have on you is accurate?
- What if the Personal Information we have on you is inaccurate?
- How fast will we respond to your written requests?
- Are there any costs to you for requesting information about your Personal Information or our privacy practices?
- How do we know that it is really you requesting your Personal Information?
- What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
- How do you contact us regarding access to your Personal Information or our privacy practices?
- What about Cookies?
2. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that is identifiable with you, as an individual. This information may include but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, credit card information, certain financial information, and your email address. Personal Information, however, does not include certain business contact information used for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with you, as an individual, in relation to your employment, business or profession.
3. How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you register with us, fill out a form, change settings, enter an order. or request a transfer). We may collect Personal Information from you directly and/or from third parties, where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
4. Where Do We Store Your Personal Information?
5. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. We generally use your Personal Information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- to properly identify you;
- to manage your account with Tetra;
- to determine your eligibility for our products and services and the products and services of companies with whom we are affiliated, and determine their price;
- to process your orders from Tetra;
- to respond to questions, comments or concerns regarding Tetra;
- to allow for more meaningful and useful marketing initiatives;
- to collect your Personal Information in aggregate form to develop consumer profiles, perform sales analysis and identify marketing opportunities and strategies;
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to Tetra’s operations;
- to recruit for positions at Tetra;
- to investigate legal claims;
- to protect against fraud;
- to administer Tetra websites and any Tetra software applications;
- such purposes for which Tetra may obtain consent from time to time; and
- such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
6. To Whom Do We Provide Your Personal Information?
We will share your Personal Information with trusted third party service providers with whom we have a contractual agreement that includes appropriate privacy standards, where such third parties are assisting us with the Purposes – such as service providers that provide customer support, data storage, or processing.
In addition, we may send Personal Information outside of the country for the purposes set out above, including for process and storage by service providers in connection with such purposes. However, you should note that to the extent that any Personal Information is out of the country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
7. When and How Do We Obtain Your consent?
At the time of registration and from time to time, we will obtain your consent to use your Personal Information as described herein.
8. How Do We Ensure the Privacy of Your Personal Information When Dealing With Our Affiliates and Other Third Parties?
9. How Long Will We Utilize, Disclose or Retain Your Personal Information?
We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments, in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
10. How Can You Review Your Personal Information That We Have Collected, Utilized or Disclosed?
If you make a written request to review any Personal Information about you that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, we will provide you with any such Personal Information to the extent required by law. We will make such Personal Information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, and will explain any abbreviations or codes.
In addition, you can review and edit information saved in your account settings and verification profile at any time by logging in to your account.
11. How Do You Know That the Personal Information We Have on You is Accurate?
We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up to date as possible. We will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, when required.
12. What if the Personal Information We Have on You is Inaccurate?
At any time, you can challenge the accuracy or completeness of your Personal Information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information.
13. How Fast Will We Respond to Your Written Requests?
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than thirty (30) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit. You have the right to make a complaint to the federal Privacy Commissioner in respect of this time limit
14. Are There Any Costs to You for Requesting Information About Your Personal Information or Our Privacy Practices?
We will not charge any costs for you to access your Personal Information in our records or to access our privacy practices without first providing you with an estimate of the approximate costs, if any.
15. How Do We Know That It Is Really You Requesting Your Personal Information?
We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
16. What Safeguards Have We Implemented to Protect Your Personal Information?
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need to know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
17. How Do You Contact Us Regarding Access to Your Personal Information or Our Privacy Practices?
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information or our privacy practices, should be forwarded to our Chief Compliance Officer as follows:
Attn: Chief Compliance Officer
18. What About Cookies?
Our websites may pass a “cookie” (a string of information that is sent by a website to be resident on your system’s hard drive, and/or temporarily in your computer’s memory blocks). You may set your browser to decline cookies. If you do so, however, you may not be able to fully experience some features of our websites.